This ring is based on the original sundial ring Queen Eleanor gave to her husband, Henry II of England in about 1152. On a cloudless day, hold the ring upright aligning one of the 3 reference lines straight up.
- Sundial Ring - Tells Time in Multiple Latitudes
- A Modern Vesion of the Aquitaine Sundial - Elegant and Eye Catching
- Can be Worn as a Ring, or on a Chain as a Necklace (not inlcuded)
- No Other Sundial Ring Allows for Lattitude Adjustment - Works in Tucson as well as Seattle
- Solid State - No Batteries Stainless Steel/Acid Etched Markings
Use on a cloudless day. Rotate the sun dial until the hole is next to the current date (month of the year and beginning/middle/end of the month) Hold the ring with a reference line pointing straight up, and rotate the ring to point the Sun Hole towards the Sun. A beam of light shines through the hole and illuminates the time on an inside clock scale with a dot of light. Calibrate by using the reference line that works with your latitude - northern cities will use a different line than southern ones. The 3 reference lines allow Daylight Savings Time adjustments as well. Made from VERY durable stainless steel, laser etched and enamel filled markings.